NEW! Defensive Handgun 1
Class Location: Outdoors at The Proving Ground on HWY 67. 3.47 miles north of the Godfrey Walmart.
Start Time: 9:00 a.m.
End Time: 1:00 p.m.
Food: Food is not provided.
What you will learn:
- The skills necessary to effectively get your gun into the fight and stop the threat or threats.
- Proper drawing and safely re-holstering your weapon.
- Getting your first and multiple rounds on target.
- Engaging in multiple threats.
- Moving and shooting, getting off the “X”.
- Cover and concealment.
- Skill building drills.
Gear Required: Eye and ear protection. Reliable handgun with at least two magazines. 100 rounds of ammo. There is an ammo shortage. Some drills will be dry-fire to conserve, so bring as much as you can. There will be .380, 9mm and .45 available for purchase. Let Mark know beforehand what you may need.
Attire: Dress for the weather forecast. Bring water and personal comfort items if necessary (ie. camp chair, snacks, etc.) If you carry “off body” such as a purse or fanny pack, bring that with you. You will be drawing from concealment so dress the way you normally do while carrying concealed.